Thursday, December 6, 2007

Don't Mess With Santa, He Might Hurt You


Since so very few of you wanted to share your favorite Christmas gift memories with me, (and it's not too late!) I've had to go out and find my own cheer.

Luckily, and quite serendipitously, I am succeeding, as you can plainly see from the picture above.

This is me and my new Santa Claus which I found yesterday at the Goodwill when I went to find a thin blanket for use in a Christmas gift quilt-making project. Of course I I didn't find what I was looking for, (you cannot go to Goodwill and expect to find one specific item unless that is an item that has an owl in it and this has all been discussed in a previous post) but I did find this Santa and I bought him and brought him home and plugged him in. He delighted me so much that I took our picture. I sent the picture around to a few people and got such great comments I thought I'd share them for everyone's Christmas pleasure.

The first person I sent the picture to wrote back and said, "That's a pretty serious Santa there."

Frankly, that was the first I noticed the actual expression on Santa's face. It is pretty serious, isn't it?

Then I sent it to my friend Unca B who wrote back with this:

"wow, that is a very scary santa. what's he got in his
hand, a fucking pick axe? he doesn't look serious
about christmas, he looks like he's seriously about to
kick my ass. but i like that he lights up."

I wrote back and said, "No, he's holding a bell. He's also holding a sack," which got this reply:

"bell my ass. that's a pick axe and his sack is full of puppy heads. I'm sure of it."

Then I sent the picture to Downtown Guy. He wrote back with this:

"Only twenty more chopping days 'til Xmas."

Oh my God. This Santa has already filled me with more goodness and joy than one million Bing Cosby Christmas records ever could.

So- in the spirit of holiday sharing, I am now sharing with you.

Much love!
Ms. Moon

12 comments:

  1. dammit, that downtown guy is always more clever than me...which is why i always resort to fucking expletives.

    unca b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downtown guy is too clever (too CLEAVER?) by half but you, Unca B, can make us laugh harder than anyone and you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B-Bro, you know you're the funniest fucker any of us know, so shut it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw this Santa I too thought he was holding a pick axe. I guess my mind is a little more innocent than my bros, and maybe less morbid, but I thought the axe was for the caveman Santa, who needs his axe to bust his big body through tiny cave holes to give his cavemen friends their caveman Christmas presents. This was before caves had chimneys, of course.
    Love,
    Little Jess Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha - this had me rolling Mary - you are so great!!! Scary santa and all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, no! This is about how funny my friends and family are!
    CME- I saw you walking today. I couldn't stop because of traffic but I said, "I love her."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, Jess, you are a funny girl. "Cave Man Santa"!
    Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I love you too Mary!!! It's good to feel loved (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ma, I get it from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I noticed the "angry eyes" right away! What a great Santa! What a score! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jess- no, you get your sweetness from your daddy. You get whatever evilness you have from me.
    Thank God you got more of Daddy's sweetness than my evilness, but I am always amused when the evil comes out a little.

    And Ample- you know, it's funny. When you plug that Santa in, he looks a lot scarier than when he's just sitting there unlit.
    I love him so much I wish I had a whole herd of Santas just like him to put in the front yard. Wouldn't that be cool?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought Santa was holding a shaver, that maybe he was a decoration for the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, sweeties. Tell me what you think.