Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday In Lloyd, Chickens and Health Care Issues Explored And Discussed Briefly


We were honored to have two pregnant ladies at our table last night and there they are, grinning and holding their bellies on my front porch before supper.

My two sweet pregnant women- Lily and Shayla. There was so much belly rubbing and belly kissing last night in my house. It was phenomenal! I felt so honored.

I cooked up some venison roast and potatoes and carrots and broccoli and salad and we all sat down to eat and it was just a vision of gorgeousness, some of my favorite folks, gathered around my table. Billy and Shayla had come for a visit and Lily was here doing laundry and visiting her little invalid sister and one of the kids said, "Mama, is making food for people you love really one of your favorite things to do?"

"Yep," I said. "Pass the broccoli."

It's always a party when Billy and Shayla show up.

I can't believe that this time next year there are going to be TWO babies crawling around when we have these little shindigs.
I am definitely going to need to mop the floor more often.

And now it's Friday and I spent all day yesterday running around like a chicken with its head cut off (ooh- bad choice of words) and today I am planning on concentrating a little more on Miss HoneyLuna whose bandages need to come off and the incision sites cleaned and rebandaged. I think yesterday was a bit harder for her in the pain department. She did too much, of course, and by late afternoon she was tired. When I went to bed last night, she'd had several little naps and was sitting up watching TV with her new friend who makes her giggle. I kissed her goodnight and she giggled.

I hope she's still giggling today.

I also need to muck out the chicken coop and hen house. Mr. Moon brought me home two new bales of straw and boy, do I need 'em. Those chickens can poop! Maybe I'll even get more of the garden cleaned out and readied for the fall garden. We need to get that in and quick if we want to try for more tomatoes and squash before the first frost.

I just went out to visit the chickens and give them a few collards and treat Miss Penny's head. Here are pictures:

That's Miss Penny with the goop in her feathers. She's so darn sweet. She just lets me pick her up and take care of her. She's a love.


A boy named Sue, listening to the rooster next door.


A boy named Sue gearing up for her own crow. Excuse me. HIS own crow.

Another. He crows and then goes and pecks at a hen.
Men.
You try to raise them up to be in touch with their female side and this is what happens. Biology overcomes all once again.

And that's a dragon fly on the fig tree. I have no idea what gender he or she is and it does not matter. I love the acrobatic dragonflies. This one posed for me quite patiently.

I have so much more I could say about the health care reform bill but you know what I've decided? There are idiots on this earth. I can't even begin to try and understand them. They have their leaders who are the big fat idiots (Limbaugh, Beck, etc.) and I have my leaders. I just pray that one of the idiots doesn't start killing people in the name of freedom. I just hope that love and compassion overcome hate.

Look- I just hope my chicken lives and my daughter's knee heals up and that Lily and Shayla's babies come into this life healthy and with a shot at happiness. And a good health care plan.

And that's all I have to say about any of that today.
I'm going for a walk.

Okay, okay. Here's one more picture. It's of Miss HoneyLuna with her supper on the night after she got surgery.


As you can see, her appetite was unaffected by either surgery or drugs.
And speaking of Miss HoneyLuna, I hear her giggling so she must be awake. And the cause of her giggling? Hmmmm...
Unless I'm mistaken, there seems to be a Jeep in the driveway that does not belong to us. I guess her new friend stayed the night.

He makes her giggle. I think I like him.

17 comments:

  1. All the giggling and loving are making my bad day better. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of Steve and all of the bad and then all of the good and you know what? I am 37 years old and he makes me giggle like a schoolgirl; that is what keeps me grounded and waking up to choose to love him all over again, every day. So, happy days for Honey Luna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't tend to be superstitious, but every time I see a dragonfly it feels like a little blessing... some good luck maybe.

    The dirty floor thing was one of my most constant thoughts when I was pregnant with Austin. He's three now so it's pretty dirty again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got to read all of these posts and comments, and all I can say is thank you all so much for the kind words and thoughts. This surgery really has not been bad at all, and to tell the truth, I've rather enjoyed this time of being feed delicious foods, getting to sleep with the TV on at anytime of the day, and having friends and family over. I actually suggest that everyone get this surgery- totally worth it. And having the Hydrocodone and my new friend that makes me giggle is not a bad combo.
    Mama- thanks for all the great meals and changing out my ice pack for me. You are the best nurse/mommy ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Jessie and Miss Penny are thriving.

    Love,

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting me do my laundry yesterday, we needed clean clothes! I loved the yummy dinner, and I am glad you enjoy cooking it for us. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy time at the Moon House! And what lovely pictures of baby-mamas and chickens and Honey and a bug! I can't wait for these babies to be born! I want to eat they little toes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I wish I was a pregnant woman visiting your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mwa- I'm so glad! I wish you were having a better day.

    Kori- And what a blessing for someone to keep us laughing for years. Mr. Moon and I crack each other up all the time. We are simple folk, for sure.

    Steph- I'm sure the mop was invented by a pregnant woman. Dragonflies are lovely, aren't they?

    Honey- Well, you're a pretty darn easy patient.

    Ms. Bastard- We couldn't do it without you!

    DTG- Can't wait to see YOU!

    Lily- I love you too. Hey! You left your laundry detergent. Come back with more dirty laundry and use it.

    May- Yes. These poor children shall be toeless when we get done with all the nibbling.

    Rachel- Well?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad this beautiful girl has such a beautiful mother...mother to the whole damned neighborhood it seems. No wonder Mom can say MF so easily....raising kids sure can create liberals in a hurry. This little girl must have been a joy.( and they say girls are the hardest to raise)
    so the meal didn't include the liver or kidney of a tribal enemy I suppose because you just don't have any enemies to draw from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just have to say that I zeroed in on that cornbread. I've been craving it to go with the fresh vegetables and bought some buttermilk so I can make some.

    How good to see the smiling patient!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. Berry- Oh. But I do have enemies. At least one. I call her my mortal enemy. But I would not eat her liver.

    Joy- You must have buttermilk to make cornbread. You are obviously a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that invalid sure is a sneaky one. i watched her like a hawk and she still managed to make herself a venison sausage sandwich when i wasn't looking. in my defense, she DID say that she was going to the bathroom and i didn't want to help her do that. and as far as giggly? as we were walking up we met the source and he said, "aw, man! i leave just as the beer gets here?!" i don't know him and so i said, "that's alright buddy. i only brought enough for me anyway." i had to feel him out, you know? but he seems nice enough. i don't know that he's good enough to date the cripple, but we'll see......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Daddy B- Is anyone good enough to date the cripple? I mean, really.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just pray that one of the idiots doesn't start killing people in the name of freedom. I just hope that love and compassion overcome hate. Tetrabenazine

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, sweeties. Tell me what you think.