Friday, September 11, 2009

Because He Sang Everything I Could Ever Say About It

And if you want to know what I have to say about the anniversary of 9/11, here it is- at some point today, I will be listening to this album. I will probably cry.

Sky of blackness and sorrow (a dream of life)
Sky of love, sky of tears (a dream of life)
Sky of glory and sadness (a dream of life)
Sky of mercy, sky of fear (a dream of life)
Sky of memory and shadow (a dream of life)
Your burnin' wind fills my arms tonight
Sky of longing and emptiness (a dream of life)
Sky of fullness, sky of blessed life (a dream of life)

7 comments:

  1. I love the Boss. He is so, well, Bosslike.

    Love you MOST,

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johny Cash did great version of "Further on Up the Road"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Bastard- He can be the boss of me, I tell ya'.

    Mr. P- I am just so glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That song expresses it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Boss means so much to me. Top five favorite musicians. This song is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy- I love that album because it's not all jingoistic and fake-o patriotic. Springsteen covers so many different aspects of what that tragedy meant to people in all different circumstances. My favorite lines, I think, are these: "I want a kiss from your lips, I want an eye for an eye. I woke up this morning to the empty sky."

    Maggie May- Oh. Mine too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, sweeties. Tell me what you think.