Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Chicken Round-Up (Because I Need To Get My Head Out Of My Ass)


What? Every chicken coop doesn't have hanging plants and a rooster bell hanging thingee?



Miss Penny's headshot. See where she had a hole in her brain? Well, she doesn't any more.



Henry giving me "that look" because my knee, which he had just been pecking at, tastes nothing at all like grapes. DAMMIT!



The saddest chicken in three counties. Miss Daffodil is still hiding from Sam. This breaks my heart. But I am not going to try and disturb her. Poor little Daffodil.



The man she's hiding from.

And last but certainly not least, Miss Red's contribution to our diet in the last four days:


I'm thinking of asking her to do a little tutorial on egg-laying for the rest of the hens. Obviously, she's the only one with any gumption, any natural egg-laying abilities, any damn chicken sense at all.

I love my chickens.

17 comments:

  1. Well, if every chicken coop doesn't have hanging plants and a rooster bell hanging thingee, they should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a chicken, I think I would let him do me. He is one handsome creature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Red's just advanced for her age. They'll all be laying eggs soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pick one (pick a rooster), tell it (in front of the others) that if no eggs--no nothin'. Then come back the next day, and eat it. right there. they'll start laying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That man is one fine-looking specimen of chicken manliness. WOWSA. Personally, I'd interfere with nature and help her ass stay away from him. Chicken rape is distasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph- That's all I'm saying.

    Ms. Fleur- And brock, brock, brock to you, too, dear neighbor!

    Kori- You've obviously never seen chickens have sex. It looks vicious. But he is handsome, ain't he?

    DTG- Yes. She's precocious. And precious.

    Magnum- Stay away from my roosters.

    Ms. Bastard- As far as I can tell, chicken sex IS chicken rape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was funny, Ms. Moon.

    MEN ARE GROSS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What dark eggs! We buy chicken eggs off a farm in my part of the world. She sometimes throws duck eggs in too, same price. It was weird the first time I opened one of those. They don't crack easily like chicken eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up with these damn chickens, I swear you do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms. Bastard- You said it. Not me.

    Marsha- They are blue-green-gray. And beautiful.

    Ms. Windy- If you had chickens, you would be as big a fool for them as I am for mine. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'd be ascared of that rooster, too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like him. I do. I think he may have swagger style. And just look how he's got that poor girl out on a ledge!

    Just who rings that bell? You or the chickens?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adrienne- I'm not scared of him but if I was Daffodil, I would be.

    Ms. Trouble- I'm thinking about teaching them to jump and ring it. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor Miss Daffodil... I can hear her crying all the way up here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle- I know. She's breaking my heart. I have her some cantaloupe today, up on her tin perch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes. That would be a neat trick. Stick some grapes on it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, sweeties. Tell me what you think.