Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Morning Batshit Crazy Worship Services, 9/20/09

We just finished breakfast here at the Church of the Batshit Crazy.
Omelets and venison sausage and toast. Now you can't beat that, especially when the eggs came from your chickens and the venison from your man's hunting.
The omelets had red pepper and tomato and spinach and red onion in them. Also some cheddar and a little goat cheese. Gourmet, gourmet, gourmet.

You bet.

I could have made biscuits but I didn't feel like it.

We ate on the back porch and boy, that was like going to church, eating that good food in the white clean brightness. No music but the birds and the crickets, which is all the music I care to hear at this very moment.

Damn. I should have taken pictures. I guess I was too hungry to get out the camera.

Those hens are laying us some eggs all right. Two, three a day now. Feels like a gift package, every time I find one, all that protein wrapped in blue or green or brown. The shells are so strong I can put those eggs in my pocket and forget about them until I get back to the house.

Mr. Moon is in there washing the dishes, which is true love. I guess I'm going to rake up the chicken coop and put all that poop on the garden and the garden could use some weeding and the okra needs cutting. That's my plan for the day. Perhaps I should go to the store before I get completely filthy, though. We're out of orange juice and also bananas. And grapes. The chickens are suffering from lack of grapes although Harley came over and shared some of his yesterday.

Kathleen and Vicky also dropped by with two gorgeous bromeliads sent over by Katie, the woman in Monticello who did my facial back in July. She said she had some for me and there they are. I think one of them is a pineapple. There are some very, very fine and nice people in Monticello and by golly, I'm so lucky to know them.


Since it's Sunday, I took the camera outside to get a few pictures, which has become sort of a ritual here at the Sunday Services of the Church of the Batshit Crazy.

As I said the other day, the Confederate Rose is blooming. This is not a good picture but the blossoms are big, ruffly, many-layered confections of pink. Doesn't matter how often you cut that sucker back, it always grow up over the top of the porch every year and then gives us those flowers in fall. Can't beat that.


I am not sure what this is. I think someone said it was a clematis but I am not sure about that. Anyone know for sure? It grows on my front fence. It doesn't get enough sun but it takes what it can get and does its best for glory.


The lady banana spider is still on the front porch in her tidy web. I don't see her babies or her man. She seems lonely to me, but maybe she likes things this way. I understand if she does. After a busy life of raising children and dealing with the menfolk, it's good to have break in the fall of life to just meditate and wait for flies.


And here's the firespike I rooted all last winter. I'm going to root more this winter and in oh, ten years or so, it'll be growing everywhere in the yard.


There's something extremely gratifying about taking a yard and adding and giving and making it more than how you found it.
Well, let's face it- growing things is my favorite thing to do, whether chickens or children or flowers.

And speaking of, no news from Lily this morning so I guess Owen's still content to be inside. Today would be a mighty good day for him to be born in my opinion but obviously, he's not too worried about my opinion.

Well, it's Sunday and the Methodists next door are gathering to worship.

Over here we are doing the same. We are doing the same.

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, the blue flower is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I am baking the biscuits tou didn't this morning over here in Idaho, having posted about being part of your church this morning. I have no clean porch, have no flowers, but the worship service is still much the same. Good food, strong hands to make it and to clean and work and sweat a good sweat, and no matter what, life is hard but beautiful.

    If I am lucky and blessed today, I will have some time to be like Ms. Banana Spider, to simply sit back, too, and watch the flies, have some solitude. Thanks so much for who you are, Ms. Moon; knowing you, even in bloglad, helps me be stronger-so there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger- did you click on it? You can see it's lady-like deliciousness if you do.

    Steph- Glad to have you.

    Kori- YOU inspire ME. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ms. Moon

    Thunbergia Grandiflora. Ours is growing up, up and up. Here is an annual but this year I plan to keep seeds or try to bring her into the warmth because I love the way she looks. Whispering to Owen to come in, that the water is fine and wishing Lily a very easy partum filled with joy. The same to you, Grandmamá.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaves look like clematis.

    I never felt like it was time til well after the first week, thinking of it.

    But then there's very little I've ever felt ready for, tbh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the pictures and especially the front of the house...just grand.
    That "clematis" looks like a morning glory but clematis is usually kind of star shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firespike! what an awesome name. it sounds like a superhero name.

    I'm excited for you about Owen. I look sooo forward to being a Grandma. I figure my odds are good with three kids :)

    I'm trying to work up the energy to get started on housecleaning. I feel so tired on the weekends lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You, lady, are living my dream life.

    We're planning to stop in on Sunday Oct 18th in the mid afternoon if that's OK. Would LOVE to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms. Allegra- Thank-you! AKA Bengal clock vine or Sky vine! I love that! Thank-you so much. The blog world is so smart. Well, some of the blog world is. You are.
    And thank-you for your grand wishes.

    Ms. Jo- Ah- but we have a definitive ID on the flower. And are you able to comment more easily now?

    Mr. Berry- Nope. Sky vine!

    Maggie- Hmmm. Wonder why you feel so tired, dear girl? And yes, Firespike would make a dandy super hero name.

    Angie- Sounds good to me. Just remind me so I can tidy up a bit. Put on a bra, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel just about batshit crazy today, Ms Moon, and have all weekend long. I'm just glad there are services to attend :)

    I have a feeling Mr Owen will be making his way out to all of you before next weeks' service convenes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe Owen is waiting to be born on my son's birthday - the 30th. If he is anything like my son, he'll be wonderful. I can't imagine a better son for me ever! Owen will be that kind of son for Lily and grandson for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ms. Moon, I've bookmarked your blog. I want to come back over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SJ- My Lord. I hope so!

    Joy- It would take all the doctors on earth suddenly disappearing for her to be able to wait that long. Two weeks is their max these days. Bah!

    Sheria- I am so glad! Welcome, welcome to the party and the Church of the Batshit Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, sweeties. Tell me what you think.