Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Waylon Grady Is Here

He arrived around seven forty-five this evening. I did not get the time. But he weighed 8 pounds, fourteen ounces, seems perfect and hardy and beautiful and lovely in every way. Here he is:


Since Shayla had him by Cesarean she had to get all stitched up and taken care of while Whalon was taken to the nursery and so his daddy went with him. It was so beautiful, watching them together. It was like looking at them in an aquarium. We were all lined up, taking pictures and laughing and being so happy. There were twelve of us there, an audience, a full-house. Finally, Billy couldn't stand it and picked his son up and cradled him to his chest. We all sighed with joy.


Before they took Shayla to surgery, it was quite a party. There was some time while we waited and this is what Billy and Shayla looked like when Whalon was still Tater and still inside.




Here's May and Jessie with our own dear Owen who was there with his mama and daddy. Hank couldn't be there because he has a cold and oh, he was so heartsick to miss it. But he'll be seeing and knowing this little man for the rest of his life so it'll be okay. We missed you, Hank! We really did.


Here are me and Mr. Moon. Yes. I am knitting a new scarf. This one red for Jessie.

I didn't get any pictures of Shayla with her son because we left soon after she got back to the room. Time to give the new little family their privacy and their space. She looked incredibly beautiful and had that look of joy which brand new mothers wear and which is unique to their faces.
I swear.

And finally, here are Waylon and his grandmother and and Lily and my grandson. Doesn't Owen look mature? He should. He's five weeks old, for goodness sake. And doesn't Waylon look gorgeous?


BFFs. That's what I'm thinking.
Best friends forever.

Thank-you all for the good wishes, light and love.
I hope we all sleep well, especially Billy and Shayla and our newest little man.

And I for one am giving great good thanks for this baby's safe passage as well as his mother's. He doesn't know it, but he has been born into a family of the deepest love and will be cared for and cherished like no other. Or maybe he does know it. Doesn't it look like he's smiling in that picture above?

Smart little boy.

Night-night, y'all.
Sleep tight.

27 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful. Thanks for the update. How strange that I had it in my head that something important was happening today, that I was waiting for something, something good. And just now before bed, I got online and thought, I wonder if Ms Moon's dear friends had their baby. And here he is. Congrats. He's lovey. Fun to see everyone and all the love and support. What a gift.
    Somehow I've missed out on all this baby joy (none of my brothers or close friends have children or they already have children) and this is all quite fascinating to me, even though, I know, it happens everyday. Not always like this though. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. I'm going to get off the computer right now and have the picture of those two little baby boys in my head and nothing else. Good night, sleep tight --

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, the babies. Congratulations to you all. BFF - it's destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to this new life in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how cute those baby boys are! Congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! It was so much fun last night. I can't wait until all these little boys are running around terrorizing the world, but it a good way.

    Billy and Shayla are going to be such good good parents, and I know Waylon is going to be loved just about as much as one baby can be.

    P.S. Can't wait for that beautiful red scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does look like he's smiling! I figured it got to late for a call, but I was chomping this morning waiting for a "decent" hour to ring you up.

    YAY Billy Shayla and Whaylon! Can't wait to hug the new family and meet the boy! Concrats everyone.
    Love love love,
    pf ps. Great pix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, babies. I think my cold is over, and I intend to see that squirt tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whalon looks like a very strong and sturdy little guy, and yes, Owen looks quite mature and knowledgable of the ways of babyhood. Pehaps he was telling Whalon of things to come?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a happy day! I love his name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Owen is so damn cute! Waylon is indeed gorgeous.

    Love the photo of you knitting with Mr. Moon. Now I know what you looked like while knitting my scarf. I am awaiting the mail anxiously.

    Love, SB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs to all the beautiful babies and aunties and uncles and friends and family - bless your hearts this happy day!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow; just-wow. I never fail to be amazed and awed at the very fact of babies. Never. And what a lucky family they are, having so much love and cherishing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many boys! My life was all girls all the time until Jeremiah and Elijah came along. Now on the weekends when the girls are with their dad I'm in the minority around here. It's a strange feeling.
    A nice strange feeling though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All these babies recently...I think the universe is trying to tempt me

    ReplyDelete
  16. hm..somehow my coment hasnt shown up..:-/ anyway..good that the baby is finally here among us..and whalon is a good name i think..:-)

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just keep saying what a gorgeous boy he is! And what a blessing and an honor to be a part of their family.a

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for Owen's BFF! I am so excited for them to grow up together. Can you just imagine how much trouble the son's of Jason and Billy are going to get into? Not to mention Shayla and I are their mommys'. Can't wait! I love you and can't wait to spend the night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bethany- I am glad to provide the baby-love for you. My joy.

    Elizabeth- Isn't that picture a corker?

    Deb- Thank-you so much.

    Lora- They are sweet now...

    Jessie- Wasn't it fun?

    Ms. Fleur- Owen is coming to spend the night tonight with his parents. Come over and get some baby love.

    DTG- Expect to fall in love.

    Ginger- Isn't he a magnificent little man? Well, they both are. My little men...

    Lois- I love that name too. Am thinking about you today. Let me know how it goes.

    Ms. Bastard- Yep. That's what I looked like. Scarf should be there today or tomorrow.

    Mary- Thank-you!

    Nicol- I know. Aw....

    Kori- Babies are the BEST!

    Erin- I'm sure you can balance all that yang with your yin. I have faith in you.

    AJ- Babies are definitely tempting.

    Danielle- I think Waylon is a good name, too. Thank-you for the good wishes.

    May- Amen, daughter.

    Lily- Oh the evilment they will get into. We must keep them away from Slip'n'Slides, at the very least.
    It's going to be so much fun having you here tonight. A slumber party with Owen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa! I need some of that baby love. You know, I have still not held him and I'm just itching to!

    I'm sure Harley could use some too.
    See you later.
    xo pf

    ReplyDelete
  21. Daddy X- Ain't he fine?

    Ms. Fleur- Well come on over this evening for a snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  22. they ARE beautiful!

    Congratulations!! Babies bring so much to a family! You sound like an awesome matriarch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome Whaylon!!! What a beautiful, amazing, wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, sweeties. Tell me what you think.